Friday, January 22, 2010

Thanks for the Prayers!!!

Hi,

Just wanted to give everyone an upadate. The esophagus is slowly starting to heal....yea. I can take more than 3 or 4 bites at a time now without spasms so that is great. No Diet Coke yet...ha! Actually still eating pretty bland for now but things are getting better.

Also, thanks for praying for Loren and Karen concerning Chile. They heard today the final word and they are leaving Nicaragua for good in August and will be moving to Chile! God hears our prayers... Keep praying for them...they are excited to see what God is going to do in Chile but also sad to leave the people they love here in Nicaragua. I asked Loren if he was excited because Karen and I were doing the "happy dance" (because they finally got a definite answer) and he said, "well, not so sure about a happy dance but is there an obedience dance?" They know God is calling them away from Nicaragua to a new place....so pray for ministry opportunities even now. Karen is leaving to do some training in Chile next Thursday. She will be gone for 3 weeks. Pray that she will excel in training and that she will find a friend to show her around. They have alot of things to organize on that end before the move.

Tomorrow I am going with Karen to do a missions day at a church. There will be around 36 women attending. The focus of the day is teaching these women from various churches in the area about doing mission work locally in their communities. We are praying over these women, yearning to see God move mightly. I won't be able to understand very much tomorrow. I consistantly have to remind myself that I can pray and that God knows each person there. Sometimes the enemy attacks and makes me feel like that is not much because I can't talk to them. Wow, how prideful I am! It is not about me or what I could say and the most important thing I can do is pray. He is the one who is mighty to save!!!

I am really excited about what all happened this week. We went to a pastor's conference that they have once a year here. We meet with multiple people who were wanting Loren to bring in teams to their area to share the gospel! I have been praying for opportunites....for God to bring people to us and us to them....the time here is short. The IMB is pulling out all IMB missionaries from Nicaragua (this is a normal process, they will move to other areas that are less reached). There are many native missioinaries here that Loren and Karen and others have worked with for years to continue to carry on the work. However, the IMB provides a vehicle, supplies, tracts, the word, etc. that may not be as easily avaliable once they leave. God was gracious to bring people to us. Once Spring Break starts we are booked solid until the last week in July. It is going to be fast and furious, sometimes with multiple teams in at one time. It is going to be so awesome to see what God is going to do. We are thankful for the rest and preparation time now.

I am glad to be here now at this time, a time that God prepared in advance for me to be. It is so cool! I am learning to seek God daily, seek Him to see what He desires to do through me, in me, or around me for that day. Then, we will see about the next day when it comes. He is burdening my heart ever more for the lost. I am not ashamed for He saved me, one who was lost! It is the power of God that I share to those who will believe.

I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. Romans 1:16

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I just went through and caught up on everything God has been working through you and your team in Nicaragua - wow. He is so mighty to save and His provision is amazing. I loved your telling of the little boy and the Cristo te ama card - what a beautiful reminder of how we should all feel and respond to our awesome Lord and Savior and all He has so graciously and lovingly done for us. You are most certainly in my prayers and I cannot wait to see how God reveals Himself to you next.
    Blessings!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, so glad you are feeling better and that the work is going well...but, the way you descirbe your involvements, it sounds less like work and more like a passion. I think it about a month since you left here...what wonderful impacts you have had...and just as importantly, what wonderful impacts the situation has had on you. I look forward to keeping up with the posts more regularly. Peter

    ReplyDelete