Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fast and Furious!

Hi Friends,

I just finished packing for Nicaragua. Right now it is all in one pack (which is super heavy). I have yet to pack the gifts Loren ask I bring for Karen or the gifts that other people from the church have given me for Julie and Jader. So, we shall hope all that goes in my carry on backpack... Plus my bible and a couple of books.

I am steadily working on my mega list of things I need to get done before I leave. It is starting to go down some. That is good because I only have tomorrow and 1/2 day on Christmas Eve. We are having our family Christmas on Christmas Eve morning so that really leaves me tomorrow to get it all completed. God is good, I don't feel stressed...I feel excited...along with the stream of tears that come from time to time.

My brother and sister-in-law and their 5 kids got here today so that has been fun to get to hang out with them. Mark Henry was awesome enough to let Melodi and I hang out for pretty much 3 days straight before I left. It was good! My mom is holding it all together until the 24th. It is going to be a hard drive to the airport. I am so blessed that my parents are such strong believers and that they have such a strong marriage. I know they will miss me and I will miss them but I know I go with their blessing and their constant prayers. Please pray for her(and my dad) when you think of it...God is teaching them alot in this also. They are amazing.

I am scared and unsure about what the next 8 months will look like. I think that is a good place to be in....I have to rely on God and His strength not mine. I don't speak the language and I am not exactly sure of what I will be doing...but He knows the language and He has called me to go...so here I go!

At the same time I am also super excited. I know that this is where God has called me to for now and I am humbled that he would want to use me to further His kingdom.

I think I will be processing the last week for a couple of weeks. Graduation, leaving, going....it is alot. I am glad to be in this place. A lot of prayers have gone into all of this and it is now happening. It is so neat to look back and see how God prepared my way. He is teaching me so much!

Okay, I am off to get some sleep. Good Night.
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh.....those wonderful 3 days! :)

    I miss you, but am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about your trip!

    Love you,

    Mel

    ReplyDelete