Friday, August 20, 2010

Full Acceptance!

I am back in the US! Sorry for he slowness of this posting. It has been a fast and furious month of packing Loren and Karen to move to Chile, unpacking myself here in the US, visiting family and friends (packing and unpacking with some of them...hint Melodi..ha), and so on. It has been wonderful to be back and see those that I love and difficult to be back and miss those that I love in Nicaragua. Still, I am glad to be here because I know that this is where God wants me for right now. I am excited for the semester to start and to meet my new group of college students and to get to catch up with many of you!

1st off I want to say a huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been so blessed by God over the last 8 month journey and so many of you have prayed for me, financially supported me, encouraged me, checked in one me, and made me feel loved and cared for. I am humbled and blessed to know you and be loved by you...thank you!


Currently, I am back at A&M teaching all my fun classes once again...YEA! I am also praying over where God wants to use me in the future. For now I am asking about one day at a time. I have a meeting in September with the International Mission Board...so you can be praying for a sensitive heart to the HS for both myself and the IMB representative as to where God is leading.

There is one thing that I am for sure of wherever I am:

The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. (1 Timothy 1: 15-16)

I amd in full acceptance of this scripture and this is really where God is showing me that I should be spiritually regardless of where I am physically. Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners......people like me...messed up in their thinking and in their selfishness...sinners of whom I am the foremost. And I received Christ's mercy for one reason, that I foremost of sinners, might display his perfect patience as an example to those who are to believe!!!

I was not given mercy just for me! God loves the world...every nation, tribe, and tongue. God gave me mercy so that I can in turn share with others about His greatness and glory. That I can tell others about this life I have found that is fuller, richer, and greater than anything I could have desired or accomplished on my own accord.

There is so much more to share and I will as time goes on. I am going to keep up with the blog..yippee!

With a thankful heart,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment